1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Positive Spin on leaving a job after a year

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by Robfreeman, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Robfreeman

Robfreeman New commenter

Moved away from the local area with my fictional boy/girl friend, due to their work committments and our relationship moving to the next level. However shortly after moving in the relationship broke down due to cheating/irreconciliable differences/family problems. So I moved back to this area where my friends and family are.
    Or
    My personality didnt suit the department, however as you can see from my refrence my teaching did. However an unhappy is an unproductive teacher so if I can get that refrence whilst being unhappy imagine what I will do as a happy teacher.

2. Good old "looking for a new/further challenge" etc.
    Or - "not enough opportunity for future career progression at my current school due to teachers' tendency to stay there for years/SMT tendency to employ external candidates in senior roles, would like to start afresh in an environment which better suits my ambitions and can help me develop my skills further from what is still the early stages of my career."
    I have to say, these past couple of years of training/teaching/dealing with applications etc has improved my ability to wing things/bullsh1t no end.