1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Positive News....For a change

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by Pearl Earring, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Hi all!
    Juts wanted to say thanks for the advice regarding my worries about work. I posted recently about my personaility getting in the way of my doing a good job. Had a great chat with my HOD last week, and they clarified that they'd figured I was wearing myself down and had lost my confidence- so the OPPOSITE of what I initially thought. I had presumed I was becoming annoying- too enthusiastic, looking for praise and being too exciteable. I made it clear that I had indeed been working very hard, and got excellent observation feedback on a lesson from Senior Leadership this week- a '1' standard!
    So now everything's much better. I feel validated for the hard work I'm doing, and I now feel able to go to my HOD about anything I need support with. A few minor things had been stressing me out (namely some very arrogant and lazy Year Elevens) and they showed me FULL support.

One of the team again! Happy Christmas!

x

2. snowstorm

snowstorm New commenter

That's wonderful, but do take care.
    SSx

3. Gardening Leaves

Gardening Leaves New commenter

This is wonderful news! I am really pleased for you.
    It's a timely reminder that the majority of teachers and leaders do a brilliant job. I think there are about 400,000 teachers in England. Seeing the postings on here of horrific stories can skew our perception.
    A very happy Christmas and peaceful New Year to the vast majority who do a flippin' good job!