1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Positive messages to parents

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Superman7, May 19, 2011.

1. Sounds crazy i know, but how about talking to them?????

2. Not enough apparently! I always tell one or two parents about positive behaviour or good work (on top of 2 whole school certificates, a star of the day every day and a class teddy for good behaviour every week) every day in the line. One parent has complained to smt that I don't pass on enough praise and wants stickers, which I already do for extra special things but tend to get lost.

3. zippygeorgeandben

zippygeorgeandben New commenter

Communication is so underused in school(s).
    Do all your children achieve something different every day worthy of a sticker? I know mine don't. I give stickers out on Friday afternoon only and only if they are earn't.
    Just realised I haven't actually answered your question though...[​IMG]

4. zippygeorgeandben

zippygeorgeandben New commenter

Just seen your reply and Id already posted my message.
    Complaining about not enough praise? Perhaps the parent should take a closer look at their child to wonder why they aren't getting enough praise!

5. mystery10

mystery10 Occasional commenter

Maybe you need to know a bit more what this parent is feeling and why, otherwise you might get the wrong solution. Why have they complained to SMT before you have had a chance to have a good conversation with them? Don't get off on the wrong foot with them though by sounding cross / defensive about that. They might just happen to have mentioned it in passing to a member of SMT during a chat and not thought that it came across as a complaint about your methods. Or they might be more reluctant to talk to you than them for some reason.
    It's a conversation that they won't want to have with the child with them I guess. Could be far more to do with the child than your system.

6. Bah Humbug!!!!

7. mystery10

mystery10 Occasional commenter

It's not Christmas yet.[​IMG]

8. Msz

Msz Established commenter

I'm in trouble I haven't given a single sticker all year [​IMG]