1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Positive GTP experiences

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by drjekyll2010, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Inspired by the 'Positive NQT experiences' discussion, I think we should remember all of the good things that have happened to us this year (rather than getting bogged down in standards, observations and box-ticking!).

So, tell us some good things that you have experienced so far!

For example, one of my year 9s who had been struggling with English stayed behind at the end of one lesson to tell me how much they were enjoying my lessons and Shakespeare(!). It's this sort of moment that reminds me why I want to be a teacher :)

Dr J

2. Inspired by the 'Positive NQT experiences' discussion, I think we should remember all of the good things that have happened to us this year (rather than getting bogged down in standards, observations and box-ticking!).

So, tell us some good things that you have experienced so far!

For example, one of my year 9s who had been struggling with English stayed behind at the end of one lesson to tell me how much they were enjoying my lessons and Shakespeare(!). It's this sort of moment that reminds me why I want to be a teacher :)

Dr J

3. Year 9 history, lowish set. A whole day on the Holocaust as the PSHE focus, both classes produced fantastic work and it dawned on me 'they get it, and I taught it!'. Priceless.