1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

"Posh" or not?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by aspensquiver, Dec 4, 2015.

1. aspensquiver

aspensquiver Star commenter

2. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Eh? My loo says absolutely nothing about me according this pile of otter bullocks in the 'article'.

ScotSEN likes this.
  3. aspensquiver

I think it makes sense. I am doing most things right, it appears.

kibosh likes this.
  4. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

I've no idea why, but the word 'lavatory' fills me with shudders and reminds me of the austere public toilets of the 1950s and 60s. Ughhhhhh!!!!!!!!

5. aspensquiver

I don't use that word. I use "loo". I agree about lavatory and your image of it!
    All you need is this to go with it:
    [​IMG]

6. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

Doesn't say anything about the size of the spiders you should keep in the dunny.
    [​IMG]

kibosh and ScotSEN like this.
  7. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

My loo says that there is a hardworking woman doing things right but that her children haven't yet learnt to follow her example.

8. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

What matters most is where you miss.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  9. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

You're not wrong, AQ!!!!!!!

Cue more UGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

10. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

Or whether the snakes should be colour-cordinated.

[​IMG]

11. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

I'm American, so call it the 'bathroom', apologies. Nice framed 1940s adverts on the wall, a black and white winter photograph poster of central park and fresh towels. So far, so good but no mention of Thomas the tank engine shower gel, the collection of yellow ducks and the messy hidden bits under the sink - I blame the toddler and the cat.

aspensquiver likes this.
  12. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

I refuse to start worrying about the etiquette of my bog until such time as I can enjoy the privacy of it without being watched by a baby or having one of the others barge in to ask me questions or, if I remember to lock it, push drawings to admire or permission slips to sign under the door.

13. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

I think you're fine to call it the bathroom as it sounds as though your loo is in a bathroom.

I have a little confession to make. When my son was being toilet trained* I used to pop a little plastic duck in the bowl for him to aim at. :oops:. It did at least save me from having to have a non-posh pedestal hugging mat.

*or should that be loo trained?

14. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Well there's a surprise!;)

InkyP and Duke of York like this.
  15. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

I find it's always fascinating to learn how other people live. Have you ever tried taking a bath with a partner in the pan? I'd imagine it to be both rather cozy and exceedingly refreshing if flushed.

16. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

Lavatory or the slightly twee ‘loo’ are always acceptable and used by those from stronger social backgrounds, or those who ‘get it’.

I feel like I've soiled myself even reading that. Why is it only posh people who give a siht (pun intended) about what you call the place where you void your bowels? Bit of an unhealthy obsession I reckon.

17. vannie

vannie Star commenter

It's the room you poo in ...... who cares? I'm guessing here because I would not click on a Mail link but did the so called etiquette expert have a good sneer about quilted or coloured toilet paper and folks who call it a 'toilet'? Yawn. Imagine him / her at the pearly gates responding to the question 'What did you do to enrich life on Earth?' ....'Well actually I was the etiquette expert for the Daily Mail' ....Going down......

colpee, Lascarina and ROSIEGIRL like this.
  18. cissy3

cissy3 Star commenter

This is my bog.

Classy eh?

[​IMG]

19. vannie

vannie Star commenter

Yes but is the paper quilted??? Or is it torn up pieces of Daily Mail? Preferably the 'etiquette' section - as seen in all the best 'lavatories'.

cissy3 likes this.
  20. cissy3

cissy3 Star commenter

I only use the highest quality. So good, in fact, that it tends to go quickly.

[​IMG]

rachelpaula008 likes this.