1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Portsmouth University Interview

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by nandos33, Mar 18, 2012.

1. nandos33

nandos33 New commenter

Just wanted to share my thoughts for anyone who has an interview at Portsmouth uni.
    I was very impressed by the university, they did a great presentation
    at the start which explained about fees, the distances you might have
    to travel on a teaching placement etc. They even provided teas/coffees
    and sandwiches at lunch - small things, I admit, but they all feed in to
    an impression of a very professional organisation. Everyone was very
    friendly too, which makes a huge difference.
    I really enjoyed the whole day. I was very nervous, having been rejected from my first choice, but in the event it was very relaxed and great fun. There were about 6 other students (of various disciplines) and we pretty much arranged between ourselves when each of us did our microteaching task, and everyone was very supportive.
    There was then a writing task, which was fairly challenging as there wasn't much time, a group discussion, and then the interviews. I enjoyed the interview as they asked about my classroom experiences, what I would do in certain situations etc.
    I have no idea if I've got in yet, but wanted to post now before I get rejected and become jaded!

2. nandos33

nandos33 New commenter

Just wanted to share my thoughts for anyone who has an interview at Portsmouth uni.
    I was very impressed by the university, they did a great presentation
    at the start which explained about fees, the distances you might have
    to travel on a teaching placement etc. They even provided teas/coffees
    and sandwiches at lunch - small things, I admit, but they all feed in to
    an impression of a very professional organisation. Everyone was very
    friendly too, which makes a huge difference.
    I really enjoyed the whole day. I was very nervous, having been rejected from my first choice, but in the event it was very relaxed and great fun. There were about 6 other students (of various disciplines) and we pretty much arranged between ourselves when each of us did our microteaching task, and everyone was very supportive.
    There was then a writing task, which was fairly challenging as there wasn't much time, a group discussion, and then the interviews. I enjoyed the interview as they asked about my classroom experiences, what I would do in certain situations etc.
    I have no idea if I've got in yet, but wanted to post now before I get rejected and become jaded!