1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Portfolio for an interview?

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by lisahxxx, Jul 1, 2011.

1. After months of not getting shortlisted, I have finally been invited to interview on Monday :) I was thinking of taking a portfolio of things ready to show them if they wanted to see and was going to put in certificates, some feedback from my L3 course and photos of things that I have done with children/ displays. Does this sound OK, over the top or have I forgotten anything? I havent had an interview for so very long and am panicing a little :S

2. tamtams

tamtams New commenter

Hi, firstly, well done on getting a interview, it's tough out there on the job front. It wouldn't do any harm to take portfolia and show if asked, however in interviews I have attended and other Ta friends no portfolio has been asked for, but taking certificates for proof is essential. Read up on the background of the school and their offsted report and try perhaps to include some details of your findings in your answers, it shows you have done your homework on the school which schools do like. Look at the section on thread reguarding interview questions this will be a great help. Good luck.