1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Portable recorders

Discussion in 'Music' started by sydney3, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Hi everyone,

I need to buy some handheld recorders for my school to use for students to record and assess their work in progress at ks3 and to work with ks4 when composing.

I have £80 up front left in my budget (but may be able to stretch a little) and £500 to be released for September. I have seen a few online and in catalogues but would be interested in anyone's experience and reviews (either positive or negative). Am possibly thinking of getting 1 now to get us going with the £80... Your thoughts appreciated on this too!

Thanks for your help

:)

2. Hi everyone,

I need to buy some handheld recorders for my school to use for students to record and assess their work in progress at ks3 and to work with ks4 when composing.

I have £80 up front left in my budget (but may be able to stretch a little) and £500 to be released for September. I have seen a few online and in catalogues but would be interested in anyone's experience and reviews (either positive or negative). Am possibly thinking of getting 1 now to get us going with the £80... Your thoughts appreciated on this too!

Thanks for your help

:)

3. I've got two edirol R09 which I use for recording assessments and let the KS4 use to record compositions/performances etc. However I've also now got 5 Sony ICD-PX312 dictaphones which record straight to mp3 and the students can then use them to transfer their work to their user area. They come with in built microphones and separate ones and I've been really pleased with the quality. I have charger and re-chargable batteries to save on battery costs. I thought they were going to cost around £40 each from Amazon but our finance manager managed to get them even cheaper - around £33 but I don't know which site she used in the end.

</h1>

4. casper

casper New commenter

I hve zoom too. it works very well. Hand held so I can walk round the classroom to record.