1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Portable keyboard trolley - where to get one from?

Discussion in 'Music' started by cbramwell, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Dear All,
    We are due (next week!) to move in to our fantastic new-build of a school. Hurrah! However, the planning in the build does not match the timetable (quelle surprise!) and we have two music lessons going on at once with one music classroom.
    Does anyone know or where I may puchase a trolley or two that would fit the school keyboards in? Yamaha something - I can't remember the number. Average sized classroom keyboards I would say.
    Trolleys that are portable, potentially lockable, and safe to wheel maybe 8 keyboards about at a time.

Thank you for your time,
    Claire

2. YesMrBronson

YesMrBronson New commenter

I looked for one of these last year. I was sure something would be available but no one seems to do them. The closest thing I could find was a percussion trolley that could be used to stack keyboards on their end.
    I'd be interested to see if anyone else has found one.

3. Thanks Jenny, I look forward to your reply!
    Claire

4. I don't have good news for you, apparently it was a very old IT one which was thrown out and a clever technician took it out of the skip and took some of the inner parts out so that the keyboards could be transported.

5. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

After much searching I found this:
    http://www.lmsmusicsupplies.co.uk/details.aspx?cgid=38&id=3012&cid=642&referrer=/products.aspx&vars=cgid%3D38%26cid%3D642%26pid%3D603
    You would need to check out the size, but it does appear to have a keyboard on the top shelf and there doesn't seem to be a divider down the middle of the lower shelves. You could maybe stack one keyboard on top of another in those lower shelves.
    I'm sure if you phoned them they'd be able to advise.
    Alternatively you might consider a lunchbox trolley - not lockable though. There's a selection here. Some trolleys for lunchboxes have sloping sides, but these seem to be straight:
    http://www.mmlfurniture.co.uk/acatalog/copy_of_Storage_Trolleys.html
    Again, you would need to check the sizes.
    I can't find a dedicated trolley for keyboards.

6. YesMrBronson

YesMrBronson New commenter

Why the hell is no one making these?!

7. Get yourself on Dragons Den :)

8. Hi all,

Thanks for all your replies....I had a feeling it may have been a bespoke trolley! Need to get my wood work head on and get making.....

And yes, Dragon's Den is a good idea Jenny!!

Will let you know if I have any joy,will check out LMS too.......