1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

pork tongues

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by inky, May 7, 2012.

1. inky

inky Lead commenter

Do you simmer them until tender and then skin them like you do lambs' tongues? I've done a search but the recipes are all a bit ambiguous.

2. inky

inky Lead commenter

Do you simmer them until tender and then skin them like you do lambs' tongues? I've done a search but the recipes are all a bit ambiguous.

3. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

Yes. You'd struggle to skin an un-cooked tongue and make it look good. Have you got a dog? It would love the bits you remove.

4. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

What MM said.

5. dozymare1957

dozymare1957 Occasional commenter

Just joined this forum.
    I'm a "can't cook, won't cook" person but was told to it check out by CQ
    Skinning tongues is not nice! My face is all screwed up at the thought of it! LOL

6. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

When they're cooked, it's not far removed from peeling an orange.
    I was hoping we'd find out what Inky is doing with them.

7. dozymare1957

dozymare1957 Occasional commenter

Hopefully feeding them to her dog! (face still screwed up)
    I've never eaten tongue but I remember seeing a whole cow's one in a butcher's once - it was about a mile long !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    There are some things that I just can't imagine putting in my mouth and tongue is one of them. Sorry, tongue eaters.

8. Tongue is something. I. Do. Not. Do.
    I know it is supposed to be yummy, but I actually hate touching meat and I can't bring myself to touch a tongue (weirdly, I have gutted many animals).