1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Poppy Appeal video

Discussion in 'Personal' started by jellytot24, Nov 6, 2010.

1. jellytot24

jellytot24 New commenter

I really hope someone out there can help me, c'mon lovely TESers! Over the past few years I've used a DVD from the Royal British Legion in my PSHE lessons during the run up the Remembrance Day. It's got lots of educational resources on it as well as a very moving (short) video. The Lighthouse Family's High is playing over a video which has a young girl holding a sign saying 'please remember my daddy' and it is extremely emotive and gets the children thinking.
    I am desperate to get a copy of the short video, I can't find the DVD anywhere at school and although we did get posters from the British Legion this year we didn't get another copy of the DVD which is strange as they've sent one every year til now! I've somehow lost all copies, they're stored in my classroom so I know it's me who's misplaced them.
    What I'm asking is, does anyone have a link or knows where on the internet to find this video? I've look on the Royal British Legion website and YouTube for the past 3 hours and am getting very frustrated!
    Hoping you can help, thank you all!

xxxx

2. jellytot24

jellytot24 New commenter

I really hope someone out there can help me, c'mon lovely TESers! Over the past few years I've used a DVD from the Royal British Legion in my PSHE lessons during the run up the Remembrance Day. It's got lots of educational resources on it as well as a very moving (short) video. The Lighthouse Family's High is playing over a video which has a young girl holding a sign saying 'please remember my daddy' and it is extremely emotive and gets the children thinking.
    I am desperate to get a copy of the short video, I can't find the DVD anywhere at school and although we did get posters from the British Legion this year we didn't get another copy of the DVD which is strange as they've sent one every year til now! I've somehow lost all copies, they're stored in my classroom so I know it's me who's misplaced them.
    What I'm asking is, does anyone have a link or knows where on the internet to find this video? I've look on the Royal British Legion website and YouTube for the past 3 hours and am getting very frustrated!
    Hoping you can help, thank you all!

xxxx

3. I assume you have looked on this section
    http://www.youtube.com/royalbritishlegion?gl=GB&hl=en-GB

4. jellytot24

jellytot24 New commenter

Yep, for hours! I've found a few which I may use instead but I'm really hoping to find the one mentioned in my original post. Thanks though.

5. The little girl was Hannah Markwell

She was part of the 2002 British Legion Poster campaign

6. jellytot24

jellytot24 New commenter

Thank you, hopefully I'll be able to find something through Google or YouTube soon. Been looking for an hour already though and nothing yet [​IMG]

7. Hi there, i've been looking for the same video for so long and i've just seen this! did you ever find the video? if so, where did you find it?

8. jellytot24

jellytot24 New commenter

No [​IMG]
    I was only thinking about it at the beginning of the holidays actually - I was tidying out my classroom cupboard and found the booklet etc that the Royal British Legion send out every year but no video. I guess I'll have to be searching for it again this half term! I'll let you know if I find it :)