1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pop 'stars' in schools.

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by segbog, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Remember when real artists did gigs and worked the clubs and pubs. Now they just turn up at schools and allow the weans to video them, which will be stuck on FB and cause more of their moronic singles and CD's to be bought. Rank exploitation. And it is not just Pixie Lott - they are all at it.
    http://www.goglasgow.org.uk/Pages/Show/653

This should really be banned.

2. The link won't work for anyone who doesn't work in Glasgow.

3. Oooops - it is just pictures of Pixie Lott and her adoring fans ( ages 12 - 15) in a school...this is just exploitation by any other name.

4. I don't know- I think there's something to be said for having the occasional bit of razamataz in the school environment. I can remember when 911, a sub-par 90s boy band, came to my old school and the girls went absolutely mental, despite the fact that none of them really knew who they were, or what any of their songs were. But it brought a bit of fun and excitement into the school for a couple of hours. Laughing at the daft girls swooning over three insignificant and forgettable Geordies who they'd barely heard of made it all worthwhile.
    And yes, Pixie Lott is pretty much as ten-a-penny and talentless as they come, but it looks as though the girls at the school got a kick out of it. And don't those Hillhead pupils look so nice and fresh-faced?! If Pixie Lott had visited my school I can guarantee that the promo shots of the kids screaming wouldn't have looked anywhere near as wholesome!

5. None of 911 were Geordie.One from Liverpool, one from Carlisle and one from Warrington. And they actually did pretty well for themselves.

6. Ha ha! You're not a relative of one of them are you, happy-monkey?

For the record, I don't remember 911. Unfortunate name - they'd have to change it if a come-back was on the cards...

7. Lol no not a relative just a past teeny-bopper fan. They weren't huge but did have plenty top ten hits and at least one number one. They're still around just doing small gigs with the same name. I know most people probably thought of/think of them as cheesy but I'm a pretty big fan of cheesy pop music [​IMG] Always makes me smile.