1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Poor visibility

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Flere-Imsaho, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

2. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

No, I really wouldn't. What on earth was the driver thinking? :eek:

3. cosmosinfrance

cosmosinfrance Star commenter

That's ridiculous, not to mention dangerous. How long does it take to clear a windscreen of snow? No one is in that much of a hurry. Stupid.

4. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

upload_2016-2-20_20-42-31.png

There goes an idiot.

5. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

Many years ago, when I had my first car (a 1967 mini, then over 10 years old), and we still had snowy winters, I had to return home after thick snow & freezing temperatures. My windscreen wipers failed, and I tried to clear the windscreen by scraping snow off with my right hand whilst driving ( I feared I'd never start again if I stopped). The clear space was tiny.

Luckily the roads were empty, and I made the 80+ miles home. Wouldn't recommend it, or do it today!

6. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

Stupid and irresponsible. Putting his own life and the lives of others at risk.

7. Motherofchikkins

Motherofchikkins Star commenter

That's mad. And dangerous.

I remember my brother setting off after clearing his window of snow. When he braked at the traffic lights however, the blanket of snow on the top of the car came sliding down over the window and they couldn't see a thing. Fortunately it was a quiet road, and they were able to get it off without holding up the traffic for too long.

kibosh likes this.
  8. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

My Mam tells a story about the day she went into labour with me. She and my dad had been visiting her mother, about 10 miles away when they realised they'd best get home aharpish. It was snowing and the windscreen wipers were broken so my dad had to keep leaning round through the window the wipe the snow clear.

Needless to say, I was worth it. ;)

9. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

And bad.
    I was stupid enough for this to happen to me. Once. Never again. For all the time it takes to clear the roof too . . .