1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Poor progress

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by annavh, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Hello all
    I was just wondering what to do here. My other classes are making progress, however I have this one really difficult year 8 group (they are set 2 of 3) who really hate my subject regardless of what we do in the lesson. I have just marked their end of unit test (this is the second one I have done with them) to find that once again it is appalling. I don't know what to do with them. They have now had a whole term of what feels like rubbish teaching and I can see this going on for the whole year. I have spoken to my head od department many a time and she has been in and thinks I need to make my activities easier, which I have been doing, but finding the right level is really difficult as their behaviour is so poor. I'm now absolutely paranoid that we will get to the end of the year and they will have made no progress. Is this normal to feel like this at this stage? What else can I do?
    Thanks for help!

Anna

2. countrybumpkin

countrybumpkin New commenter

Might be worth posting this on your subjects board.
    Have you tried writing a simple action plan and little things you could implement?