1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Poor choices with the new design

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by EC_Resources, May 3, 2017.

1. EC_Resources

EC_Resources Occasional commenter

I get that Tes needed a revamp. I get that the snazzy new logo and colour scheme look cool.

But why, why, why have you had to make all the images of our products disappear from our bundles, from the right hand side bar etc.

I had a moan about this one facebook, but to me its like this...

Hmm, I think I'll buy a box of chocolates. Do I want a box of chocolates where it shows me no pictures of the chocolates inside, or do I want one where I look on the box and see beautiful pictures of the chocolates, which make me want to eat them?

This is the problem here. I created a poll on facebook about this and everyone who has voted so far wants the images back.

It is also making it very difficult for me as an author to navigate and add to my bundles. I can't remember what's in them by just the names, but I put pictures of all my resources on the front covers, so both teachers and myself can see straight away what they contain.

This is SO annoying!

It also looks absolutely terrible! poll.png picy.png

2. LanguageArtsLab

LanguageArtsLab New commenter

LOL. I didn't even know what those things on the right were. Thought they were job ads or something.o_O

3. julianblom

julianblom New commenter

Hi EC_Resources, I'm the director of user experience and design at Tes responsible for the new brand and site design that we're rolling out. I wanted to thank you for your feedback on the resource cards. We're currently undertaking extensive analysis of the usage of these cards, and will factor in your feedback in any revisions to the design that happen in due course.

EC_Resources likes this.
  4. CurriculumForAutism

CurriculumForAutism Occasional commenter

There seem to be so many changes to the design & appearance, rather than adding features which would benefit authors more, such as a 'Search' box within our stores & the ability for us to add custom categories.

thinky and mrajlong like this.
  5. mrajlong

mrajlong Established commenter

Very frustrating, Emily, I agree 100%. On both accounts I find it confusing these changes were made. The bundle previews looked great (I thought) and now looks dull. Advertising other authors resources on my pages is a big no, no. Would Sainsbury advertise Tesco on their website? I think not!

CurriculumForAutism and Krazikas like this.
  6. Shamster

Shamster New commenter

I agree 100% new designs are not good !!!! I hope we revert back.

7. LessonChest

LessonChest New commenter

I agree with the above although having a central point for all things is a step in the right direction. I still think shops should be the focus.

CurriculumForAutism likes this.
  8. thinkypublishing

thinkypublishing Occasional commenter

Any chance that in the future you might get extensive analysis prior to rolling out changes?

And could you ask your feedback people to have a go at stuff like browsing through an author's shop now vs doing so with options like custom categories and a search within this shop function?

And I hope that 'due course' is soonish because to be frank ever since the most recent changes, the viewing traffic I've had on TES is laughable.

Thanks

CurriculumForAutism likes this.
  9. Think_About_It

Think_About_It New commenter

I agree, Emily! Glad that you mention that! What is the point of working hours on covers if nobody is going to see them??

10. EC_Resources

EC_Resources Occasional commenter

@julianblom Thanks for responding. Really hope you do change it back - I get that it's probably quicker for the pages to load this way - but we spend ages making our front covers and we want to show them off! It is good to know you all take feedback on board on Tes though - your response is appreciated :)

11. peterfogarty

peterfogarty New commenter

I agree - I miss the images and it was nice to see more material I had made on each of my pages. Especially as already TES makes recommendations after each sale anyway...

12. teachercellar

teachercellar Occasional commenter

The recommended resources haven't changed for days nobody will be looking for St patrick's day resources now yet it is recommended

Krazikas likes this.