1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Poor admin

Discussion in 'US – Staffroom' started by invalid32, Sep 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. invalid32

invalid32 New commenter

I wondered if anyone else had this type of problem. I started in a new district this year. The first day of school my foster child decided to try self-harm. I had to talk to his caseworker etc. He ended up in the hospital for suicidal tendencies. I told my admin that i was "not thinking clearly" that day and needed some time.
    First thing they did was wrote me up for being rude. (Which I may have been under those circumstances, not realizing it). I apologized to anyone I might have offended,
    The next day I told them I still needed some breathing time to figure out what i needed to do. I told them I still was not processing as this was too "raw" as we were going to adopt this child. I was then written up because i had put kindergarten sped students down for a nap for a brain break. It has continued like this all year so far (3 weeks in). I was called a "terrorist" and I had "no qualities of a good teacher" along with several other negative things.
    I was sent to HR for discussion on termination and I have been suspended. This is not the first time I have had a principal treat me this way. I have had a few good ones too.
    If you have had this problem, has anyone stayed at that school and had resolution, and if so, how?

Thanks!

2. dharmabhum1960

dharmabhum1960 New commenter

Have you considered joining your local National Educator's Association? What state are you currently residing/working in ?