1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pool interview question- education issue

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by pottyparrot, Feb 27, 2012.

1. I have a teaching pool interview and I know they are guna ask to discuss two current primary education issues. I was going to talk about phonics for one, but dont really know which other to choose? Any advice?

2. I have a teaching pool interview and I know they are guna ask to discuss two current primary education issues. I was going to talk about phonics for one, but dont really know which other to choose? Any advice?

3. Pop over to the Primary forum and see what the hot topics are there. Then have a read through some news articles.

4. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

I know it's what you use informally when texting, etc, but from a professional point of view, it's not not a good idea.

5. Hi, I was in your position last week and was freaking out about it! I would have a look on the Primary forum boards, look in the TES and other online newspapers in the Education section and take it from there. Look for reoccurring themes and use these as a starting point but make sure you form your own opinions and find faults and positives for anything you read. That is what they are looking for. Remember, they don't expect you to know everything but you need to know what is changing at the moment and how you feel this will change the role of the teacher. Good luck!