1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pool contacted me but not with preferred key stage

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by TheoGriff, Jun 13, 2011.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I'm afraid that I am not an expert - in fact I know nothing, practically - about the workings of Pools.
    If you turn this down - what happens? Do you still stay in the Pool Possibles?
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    New <u>Job Seminars</u> on Sunday 26 June.
    www.tesweekendworkshop29.eventbrite.com
    Probably more in the early autumn ready for the next lot of job ads to come out. Keep an eye out for the dates!

A new <u>Moving into Headship and SLT</u> seminar is on 18 June.
    www.tesweekendworkshop29.eventbrite.com
    See the full programme www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.Look forward to seeing you!

2. I think you should go along, meet the current nursery class and see what your gut instinct tells you. Teaching in FS is probably different to other roles.

3. Given the current jobs market I'd take it and be grateful. Sorry to be blunt but I'm just very envious you have a job offer and don't mean any offence.

4. Thanks for all the feedback, I have decided to visit the shool as it has a really good ofsted report and looks good, another bonus is its two form so there will be another nursery teacher. I will see how things go, hehe. It's only me there tomorrow so if I don't muck it up big time I think the jobs mine. Its not the age group that I want but I want to sooooooooo badly do my NQT year. Plus I don't want to be one of those difficult NQTs to place from a pool, at least if I go and see its not for me I can explain my reasoning instead of giving a blunt no over the phone, that way I hope i'll still be considered for other roles......................

5. laconn

laconn New commenter

Sounds like a good idea to me. At least you can get a feel for the place. I think it may be worth doing just to get your NQT year completed. You can always leave after a year if something else comes along or ask to change year groups for your professional development. Hope it all works out!