1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Poo!

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by DilysPrice, Feb 1, 2011.

1. DilysPrice

DilysPrice New commenter

Apologies for this but I'm a little obsessed by poo. My LO was having daily motions which went to every third day, last week however she went 6 days and her poo was like mustard (hope no one is eating!!!). She's also been quite grumpy and is sleeping less and less and night.
    Anyone got any advice. Oh she's being breastfed and is 15 weeks. Any words of wisdom would be welcome.
    Thanks

2. My subject of choice! My LO went from 3 poos a day to one every other day or so, then to a couple of days in between. He's not constipated, but it happened quite suddenly. He is breastfed, with irregular formula top ups as and when. I think babies get to about 12 weeks and their digestive systems start to mature. From what I've read it's OK for BF babies to go longer between poos than formula fed. Hope this is helpful!

3. DilysPrice

DilysPrice New commenter

Thanks ladies for the reply, my 1st born suffers from constipation so I'm paranoid! I was hoping to start her on baby rice soon but wanted to wait until she'd had another turn out, don't want another constipated baby on my hands- but do want some sleep!

4. Don't know if this will work for you, but try drinking a glass of orange juice each morning (can dilute with water). This solved the problem for my little one and kept her more regular. By the way, I named my daughter Dilys -a great name!