1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pony-trekking

Discussion in 'School trips' started by blazer, Apr 25, 2012.

1. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Presumably you are using a stables of some kind who are providing a commercial service. That being the case they should be able to provide you with suitable risk assessments. If they can't then I would seriously suggest you don't use them. I'm sure that they should be registered with one asociation or another if they are selling pony trekking to the public. Look at their paperwork to see if it has a licence number or affiliation on it. If they are a pukka organisation they will have this.

2. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I should ad that you are responsible for making sure you have a risk assessment for getting the kids to and from the stables. You are also partly responsible for making sure that the kids follow the stables H&S requirements. You also have some responsibility for making sure the stable staff follow their own procedures.

3. Larsy

Larsy New commenter

Thank you Blazer, hadn't thought of that part! The stables have provided me with their forms and they are accredited.
    Thanks for your help.
    Larsy

4. blazer

blazer Star commenter

No problem.

The staff there should explain clearly to the kids all the does and don'ts.