1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

    If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

    Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

    Dismiss Notice


Discussion in 'School trips' started by blazer, Apr 25, 2012.

  1. blazer

    blazer Star commenter

    Presumably you are using a stables of some kind who are providing a commercial service. That being the case they should be able to provide you with suitable risk assessments. If they can't then I would seriously suggest you don't use them. I'm sure that they should be registered with one asociation or another if they are selling pony trekking to the public. Look at their paperwork to see if it has a licence number or affiliation on it. If they are a pukka organisation they will have this.
  2. blazer

    blazer Star commenter

    I should ad that you are responsible for making sure you have a risk assessment for getting the kids to and from the stables. You are also partly responsible for making sure that the kids follow the stables H&S requirements. You also have some responsibility for making sure the stable staff follow their own procedures.
  3. Larsy

    Larsy New commenter

    Thank you Blazer, hadn't thought of that part! The stables have provided me with their forms and they are accredited.
    Thanks for your help.
  4. blazer

    blazer Star commenter

    No problem.

    The staff there should explain clearly to the kids all the does and don'ts.

Share This Page