1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Polyvision eno IWB - does any-one have one of these?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Wotworklifebalance, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Wotworklifebalance

Wotworklifebalance New commenter

We are just looking into buying a new IWB for a new classroom and, coincidentally, have also had a flyer for one of these ... but not seen one.
    They look fantastic; you can use drywipe markers and magnets on them and they are reasonably priced but I would hate to invest in one and find that they don't work very well.
    Any views welcome.

2. I think the best thing to do is ask the Company who sent you the flyer to bring in a board for a demonstration. I know there are lots of these boards being used across the UK

3. We just had a representative give us a demonstration of a Polyvision Eno board. It looked good- certainly very durable and with a better writing surface than Promeathean boards (eg not discoloured after accidentally using permanent marker pens, the WIFI enabled remote graphics tablet was also a nice feature. My main concern is regarding the software costs. The Polyvision vendor says we can use any Research Machines software with Polyvision- some of this appears to be free, developed on an open platform, but presumabkly the better software comes with a cost. I need to compare this against the bundled software that comes with Promeathean and Smart boards.

What IWB solutions are popular at the moment?. What software comes bundled with Promeathean and how much extra do schools end up spending on software? Does anyone use RM Easylearn and what do they think of the resources http://www.easilearn.com/global/ ? Does RM software work well with Polyvision technology? Should we be going for Smartboard technology instead?