1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Polycystic Ovaries

Discussion in 'Personal' started by TEACHER16, Jul 10, 2012.

1. TEACHER16

TEACHER16 New commenter

I was diagnosed with this condition yesterday and still feel very emotional and upset to hear this. I am 25 and currently do not have any children. Do you think I should begin planning for a baby or wait? I currently do not have a permanent job but know for sure I do want children and would be heart broken if I could not have any. Thanks in advance for any comments.
    Also should I be following a special diet? I am hoping to make an apppointment with my GP this week to find out more about it.

2. TEACHER16

TEACHER16 New commenter

I was diagnosed with this condition yesterday and still feel very emotional and upset to hear this. I am 25 and currently do not have any children. Do you think I should begin planning for a baby or wait? I currently do not have a permanent job but know for sure I do want children and would be heart broken if I could not have any. Thanks in advance for any comments.
    Also should I be following a special diet? I am hoping to make an apppointment with my GP this week to find out more about it.

3. slippeddisc

slippeddisc New commenter

I am sorry to hear you are going through a tough time.
    I do think you need to wait for your appointment though as everyone is different.
    Best of luck.

4. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

I hope it helps for you to know that Victoria Beckham was also diagnosed with PCOS years ago and she's managed 4 pregnancies so far.

5. dominant_tonic

dominant_tonic Established commenter

This may help. I started it ibitially but as you will see there is loads of info (and differences of opinion :)) on it that may help. Someone on there may be able to help - I know lots of them do have kids, or at least I think so, reading around the boards. Take a look. xx
    https://community.tes.co.uk/forums/t/578975.aspx

6. I can't offer anything other than a big "hug". I am sure that there are folks who have experienced similar issues. Thinking of you. X

7. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

PCOS is no longer a barrier to having children.

Don't worry!

The thread on health and wellbeing is the place to go for support.