1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Polycystic Ovaries anyone?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by Smit82, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Hi,
    After TTC for a year and a half I found out I have polycystic overaries. Does anyone else have this? Anyone got this and have had a baby? Any info good or bad would be great. Just would like to know what we have ahead of us. We are currently awaiting fertility treatment after this diagnosis.
    Thank you.

2. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

A friend of mine had a very good book with dietary advice that she followed.... It was one hefty book but seemed to have all the right info.

3. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Yep me!

No good news though I'm afraid.
    How come you didn't know you have it though?

4. I've had a couple of friends with this who've gone on to have babies - one with no bother. The other had no problems conceiving, but miscarried a number of times because of it but now has a three month old. Also, my former admin lady was one of five girls who all had it and they'd all had babies with very few problems. Good luck.

5. Ravena

Ravena New commenter

Hi, I've recently had blood tests after my CBFM told me I wasn't ovulating - I now need further tests because of suspected PCOS. I'd been on the pill for 10 years prior to TTC so I didnt have any symptoms until recently. I'm hoping for the best; even if I do have it, it's still possible to conceive, as Paradoxicallygirly's encouraging post indicates.

6. Thanks everyone, I'll check out the website.
    I don't really know why I didn't know I had it. I was on the pill for 9 years, maybe thats why. I was a late starter with my periods and went on the pill pretty quickly once they started. Its only came to light now since we have been TTC.
    Should I have known soon, could i have prevented it?

7. * sooner

8. hi, just wanted to say my sis in law has POS. she has some trouble concieving, think she had some drugs, they were considering IVF, but she managed to get pregnant and had a gorgeous baby boy late last year. one of my close friends has just been diagnosed too. good luck xx

9. So my dreams of going for tests and being told I don't need them aren't total fantasy .... [​IMG]