1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Polls - What do you think of the new forum?

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by Rott Weiler, Sep 14, 2015.

?

What do think about the new forum?

Poll closed Sep 21, 2015.
  1. Miles better than the old foum

10 vote(s)
    76.9%
  2. Has some good features but on balance I prefer the old one

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. Pros and Cons of both, I'm not fussed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I really much prefer the old one

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. I won't be using it, bye bye TES

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Lead commenter Forum guide

I just spotted there's a Thread Tool to add a Poll

EDIT. I've done it. Sorry, may not be the best question wordings ever written....

2. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

Looks only to be available for OPs.

I love it the new site.

3. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Lead commenter Forum guide

I think that's right Vince. You only get the Thread Tools button if you create a new Thread yourself. You have to make Post#1 first then it offers you a Thread Tools drop down menu. 'Add a poll' is the only thing on the Thread Tools drop down menu

And if you posted the Poll there's a separate Edit facility, although I don't know how long it lasts. I've just edited it so that the identities of those voting aren't publicly displayed.

4. Vince_Ulam

I see it now. Well done that dog.

5. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

6. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

@TESRosaline- happened again when trying to reply to this thread. Asked me to login in and then directed me back to the Home page. (Fortunately I'd made a mental note of the title, so didn't take much scrolling to find the thread! )
    And now I don't appear to be able to access the poll to input my answers. I'll try again.

7. Lara mfl 05

Ah! Spotted what I did. I read the replies and was then far down the page and just hit reply, not realising I had to go back to the top of the page (which wasn't originally working before I logged in of course) and spotted the Cast your vote box. (Is there an 'embarrassed face icon?o_OThis one?)
    @TESRosaline (intermittent automatic names coming up) By the by good to see we have automatic 'Formatting' without having to 'choose the option' as on the existing site. (Thumbs up icon needed here!)

8. aery

aery Established commenter

But I still want Opinion back.
    :(

9. Vince_Ulam

The question is whether TES wants you back post-ban.

10. aery

Me?
    I'm just doing what Rosaline asked and encouraging more people to post here and get used to all the new features.
    Join us for a Babycham?

11. Vince_Ulam

From what I've read you had your chance to help TES with the new features and you blew it. Unless TES invites banned posters back then you shouldn't be here.

12. aery

Don't fret, Vince. None of us are really here this weekend - if my wittering offends you it'll all be gone when this place goes live.

13. Vince_Ulam

Your posts do not offend me but a ban is a ban. If an exception is made for you then the floodgates are opened.

@TES_Rosaline

14. Lara mfl 05

15. aery

FYI, there's a report button at the bottom of each post so you don't have to tag Rosaline.

16. aery

I don't want to be controversial.
    I just wanted a party.
    :oops:

HelenREMfan likes this.
  17. Vince_Ulam

It's called gatecrashing.

As I said, if an exception is made for you then the floodgates are opened to all the banned.

18. Morninglover

Morninglover Lead commenter

If Opinion was included I might have voted in favour of the new forum.

19. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Lead commenter

So far..... I don't like the "flash banner" thing which moves...... it is distracting. Otherwise am still feeling my way around things ......

And..... I miss Tidal and the others !

20. WaylonWu

WaylonWu Established commenter

Same here.