1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Poll : How will you be affected.

Discussion in 'TES Authors' Group' started by mathsmutt, Nov 3, 2018.

?

How will you be affected ?

1. Remain at Gold

4 vote(s)
    8.9%
  2. Gold to Silver

10 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Gold to Bronze

11 vote(s)
    24.4%
  4. Silver to Gold

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  5. Remain at Silver

4 vote(s)
    8.9%
  6. Silver to Bronze

11 vote(s)
    24.4%
  7. Remain Bronze

3 vote(s)
    6.7%
  8. Bronze to Silver

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  9. Bronze to Gold

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. mathsmutt

mathsmutt Star commenter

Just curious. I go from Gold to Bronze.

Mrsmumbles, MosaiK and labellaroma like this.
  2. GalvaniseEDU

GalvaniseEDU New commenter

Gold to silver.

Personally I think the £6000 threshold is far too high.

3. labellaroma

labellaroma Occasional commenter

Gold to silver. Outrageous that to get back to gold we have to sell £6,000 worth of resources. Shame on Tes for raising the bar so high that the majority will never reach gold status ever again. I feel so sorry for those of you that have plummeted down to bronze. :(

MosaiK and mathsmutt like this.
  4. MosaiK

MosaiK Occasional commenter

Going from Gold to Bronze. The pride I have taken in my resources has taken a deep knock... It would be interesting to see some of those authors on here, who are going straight from Bronze to Silver or Gold. Not to judge successful authors, but out of interest and curiosity.

5. Nik_Bernaz

Nik_Bernaz New commenter

Going from Bronze briefly into silver, and then back to Bronze, most probably forever.
    I am not too sure if I want to continue here, but what alternatives are there really?

labellaroma and mathsmutt like this.
  6. a_teachers_idea

a_teachers_idea New commenter

From gold to bronze! I got rid of the gold button on my blog! Not going to waste my time on TES anymore since I have always made pittance in here.

labellaroma and mathsmutt like this.
  7. nwilkin

nwilkin New commenter

Silver to Gold. Mosaik, If you did want to look at my shop it is nwilkin.

MosaiK and mathsmutt like this.
  8. labellaroma

labellaroma Occasional commenter

Clearly the results showing so far indicate that there are far more losers than winners in the new author tier system!! :(:(:(

mathsmutt likes this.
  9. mathsmutt

mathsmutt Star commenter

Thanks for participating.
    At this time of reading, exactly 30% of respondents have indicated that their royalty level will either remain unchanged or increase.

10. vcurrie19

vcurrie19 New commenter

It'd be nice if the authors jumping from bronze to gold would contribute.... anyone...? Bueller...? :rolleyes:

11. nwilkin

nwilkin New commenter

From what I understand from the ones I know, they are not spending any time watching the forums about this topic as they are happy with the changes which is why they are not contributing. It is mainly people who are unhappy that are contributing but that is by no means the majority of authors on TES. There are thousands of authors on TES and it is only 30 or so who are upset enough to contribute to the discussion making it look like they are in the majority when clearly the largest majority are just not contributing. It may be because they are not interested enough, they don't know about the changes, they don't think it will affect them enough to bother getting involved or they are happy with the changes. No way of knowing but it is safe to assume that the viewpoints of the few on this forum can not possibly be taken as an accurate cross section of the TES author population as it is only those who feel strongly enough about it who will contribute.

12. blowswind

blowswind Occasional commenter

I'm looking forward to revisiting this in a year's time to see how the tunes change.

Doubtless I'll be seeing great prosperity all round...