1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Poll: How did you get your post?

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by adrixargentina, Sep 5, 2019.

?

Poll: How did you get your post?

1. TES/eteach/Guardian or other well-known jobs website

33 vote(s)
    55.0%
  2. An agency (that you must provide references to)

14 vote(s)
    23.3%
  3. Knew someone at the school

6 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Speculative email

4 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. An agency (that doesn't require refs before signing up)

3 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. HelloWanderlust

HelloWanderlust New commenter

Was the halo comment aimed at me? Sorry, I am confused by your comment. I just meant that I was approached by some schools via this agency and on further investigation they were the type that anyone here would recommend staying away from (don’t treat their staff well, poor pay etc). I had previously thought schools had to at least meet some sort of basic standards to be part of the agency.

I don’t know if you misunderstood me or I’m misunderstanding you. Sorry! :)

2. Mainwaring

Mainwaring Lead commenter

Not aimed at you at all. Dumbells and Makhnovite have been exchanging jolly japes for the past five hundred years. Mak pretends to think that Dumbers is a bloated plutocrat only in teaching for the money and Dumbers skits Mak as a martyr whose only motivation is love for the dear little kiddies. All harmless fun. There used to be a lot of this kind of stuff on the forum before it morphed into a vicarage tea-party.

3. amysdad

amysdad Established commenter

Agency first time, indirect contact the second (won't go into detail because it would identify me to those who know!)

Kind of agree about Search. Useful for their database, but had no bites at all both times I registered. I'll only use it again if I can still get free access via my UK address. That said, it's still useful.

HelloWanderlust likes this.
  4. HelloWanderlust

HelloWanderlust New commenter

Ah ok- got it. Thank you, Mainwaring :)

5. adrixargentina

adrixargentina Occasional commenter

Most votes for Tes which is good, as I have applied for 2 jobs in the past week! Only taken me 2 years to get to this point, phew!