1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Politics Exam Board Help needed

Discussion in 'Social sciences' started by Manuelle, Apr 22, 2012.

1. I am setting up an A Level in Politics at my school and am unsure which examination board to opt for, I have looked at OCR, Edexcel and AQA and all seem to be good. Which board is the best? And which has the best resources. Also when teaching RE and Sociology there are different sites for sharing resources such as "RE Stuff" and "Sociology exchange", is there anything apart from TES that is like that for Politics?
    Many thanks

2. I am setting up an A Level in Politics at my school and am unsure which examination board to opt for, I have looked at OCR, Edexcel and AQA and all seem to be good. Which board is the best? And which has the best resources. Also when teaching RE and Sociology there are different sites for sharing resources such as "RE Stuff" and "Sociology exchange", is there anything apart from TES that is like that for Politics?
    Many thanks

3. I find politics quite under resourced, we don't seem to have any exchange sites (that I know of). We are on AQA and I find them quite good. The paper is quite easy to manage too as there are 4 topics to teach which all come up and the students just pick two. All of the Philip Allen and Zig Zag update are quite helpful.