1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Policy help - please! :-)

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by happy_day, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Hoping for your help. Do your Key Stages have policies for the Key Stage e.g. a general one not subject specific? We have them for Foundation Stage and for transitions but not KS1 and 2. If you do have one - what is in it? I`ve googled for examples but not having much luck! Thank you :)

2. Hoping for your help. Do your Key Stages have policies for the Key Stage e.g. a general one not subject specific? We have them for Foundation Stage and for transitions but not KS1 and 2. If you do have one - what is in it? I`ve googled for examples but not having much luck! Thank you :)

3. My new school doesnt and writing one for KS2 is part of my end of holidays homework. Haven't given it much thought yet but was thinking of including sections on:
    • General Expectations
    • Lesson Planning/Assessment
    • Independent Learning/Homework
    • Data - Tracking and Application
    • Sharing Good Practice
    • Pupil Interventions
    • Behaviour for Learning
    • Communication
    Not sure what you think??

4. Thanks for your reply.
    We have most of these policies as seperate ones already but I feel we need one. I might do something similar but without writing pages. May also include information on classroom environment, displays, parental involvement etc but my worry is I could go on for a long time!