1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Policies policies policies - aarrrgh

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by sulla88bc, May 18, 2011.

1. Hi

I am a new HT of a small independent school, mainly SEN provision. Anyhoo, I have been going through the policies and updating but was wondering if there is some magic site where I can check that I have everything I need. The DfES site is so flamin' unwieldy. I think we have them all, but I don't want Ofsted to be the people who inform us we haven't.

Any pointers anyone?

TY

2. Hi

I am a new HT of a small independent school, mainly SEN provision. Anyhoo, I have been going through the policies and updating but was wondering if there is some magic site where I can check that I have everything I need. The DfES site is so flamin' unwieldy. I think we have them all, but I don't want Ofsted to be the people who inform us we haven't.

Any pointers anyone?

TY

3. Many State Schools and our esteemed Academy cousins have school websites which anyone can access and they usually show a list of Statutory and NonStatutory policies. On some, you can read them too. Pick a school and have a look. If you can't find the list ask a local state school or try here again.

4. If you search for the Governors' Guide to the Law document there is a list in there of the statutory documents and policies. You can also use Section C of the current SEF format which outlines the governor responsibilities. Hope that helps.

5. ty...that's fab..took over in a bit of a hurry and there are one or two gaps in my knowledge....I may be back :)