1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Policies for a nursery in a school

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Rachel_ab, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Rachel_ab

Rachel_ab New commenter

Please help!
    :confused:

I have recently started a new job in a school with a nursery (preschool). I have been tasked with sorting out the policies for the nursery/eyfs from what I can gather there is currently nothing in place other than a generic early years policy which just talks about the curriculum.

Which policies would I need to specifically cover for just the nursery as I'm thinking that the whole school policies would also cover aspects of the nursery? Or should I compile a complete new set of policies just for nursery even though school policies are in place?

The nursery is in the same building as the school they share a lot of space and resources with reception. Should the policies be inclusive of reception making them just early years policies or keep it seperate just for the nursery?

I'm very confused on how to start this so any help would be appreciated

Thank you!

:):D

2. May2

May2 Occasional commenter

Is this nursery part of the school, run by the school as a nursery class and staff paid by the school/LEA or is it privately run on school premises. If it is part of the school then Early Years Policies should be in place that cover you. If you have a separate play area not used by reception you might want a separate Health and Safety policy that might cover any risks outside, safety of children, named persons collecting etc. If you have to make some new policies I find it easier getting hold of another similar policy and adapting to your needs.