1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Police Criminal Check Thailand

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by LauraLouise123, May 15, 2018.

1. LauraLouise123

LauraLouise123 New commenter

Hello!

I am returning to the UK from teaching in a school in Chiang Mai, Thailand. I have just applied for a police criminal check but it will be coming back in Thai, not English.

I would like to get it translated into English by a translator and then signed and authorised by the Thai Embassy in London. (at the moment I would like to try and avoid going to Bangkok) Does anyone know if this is then an acceptable form of criminal check and will be accepted by schools in the UK? Any advise/suggestions/help is welcome.

Thanks in advance.

2. percy topliss

percy topliss Occasional commenter

Not sure how much help this will be but I got mine done a few years ago, before I moved back, in Bangkok and it is in marvelous English. It might be worth a quick trip on Air Asia just to save yourself the hassle..

Perce

3. willow78

willow78 Occasional commenter

It should be in English, I got mine from a police station in Bangkok and it was in English.

4. BondStreetBabe

BondStreetBabe New commenter

5. coupedeville

coupedeville New commenter

Just did this in BKK, It is in English. You have to get it legalised at the embassy in the country which issues it so you will need to go to BKK.