1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Police Check Outside The Country

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by spanboy, Oct 24, 2018.

  1. spanboy

    spanboy Occasional commenter

    I've been asked for a police check from my 'home' country of Spain but I'm in China. Anyone else had to do this (SPECIFICALLY SPAIN) from elsewhere in the World? Or has it to be done (as, knowing Spanish ways, I suspect it does) in person? TIA
  2. Mainwaring

    Mainwaring Lead commenter

    I believe it can be done online (or at least one can obtain the form and the info). The literature now refers specifically to 'delitos sexuales' rather than 'antecedentes penales'.
    spanboy likes this.
  3. spanboy

    spanboy Occasional commenter

    Thanks @Mainwaring - HR have already done this via the police in BJ, it now transpires - they just forgot to tell us!!
  4. sabram86

    sabram86 Occasional commenter

    I did this a number of years ago. You need to fill in the form for the Ministry of Justice, have copies of your documents apostilled/notarised (which may not be possible in China), pay a small fee to the Ministry of Justice and return the paperwork. I used a cover letter as well (in Spanish). It took two weeks to come for me (based in England).

    Good luck!
    spanboy likes this.
  5. spanboy

    spanboy Occasional commenter

    Thanks - but as I say above, it's now sorted, thankfully. I just wish HR departments would communicate!!!

Share This Page