1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Police called to school and boy to be charged with assault.

Discussion in 'Education news' started by aypi, Nov 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

2. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

Would you like them to be called if you were attacked in a similar way?

Or would you be content for people on the internet to dismiss it as kids fighting?

3. binaryhex

binaryhex Lead commenter

4. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

Whether true or not I don't know, but I read that the Syrian boy had written to the HT pleading for help with bullying, several weeks before this particular assault. That it was allowed to happen again I think does fall in large part on school management. You either deal with it yourself or you call the police.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    slingshotsally likes this.
  5. PeterQuint

PeterQuint Lead commenter

Not to mention his brother.

Jailed for an unprovoked attack on football fans from another team.

Also sentenced to almost 3 years for violence at a ‘Britain First’ march.

The 16 years old himself has posted on social media supporting Britain First and Tommy Robinson.

The victim, you may have noticed, has his arm in a cast. This was the result of an attack by 3 or 4 other boys at the school, though after questioning the police were unable to proceed because of insufficient evidence. One of those questioned was the suspect now charged.

6. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

If it happens on school premises, then yes you can. And should. Ultimately the buck stops with the head.

7. binaryhex

binaryhex Lead commenter

The Head was asleep on the job.

1) There is an ineffective Behaviour Policy at his school.
    2) The SLT are doing a range of other, pointless, jobs.
    3) The teachers are constantly given silly things to do, which leaves them little time for teaching and keeping students safe.
    4) He managed to pull a fast one over on OFSTED, who reported that students 'feel safe and cared for', when in fact, the complete opposite was true.
    5) Students report that they don't feel safe at the school, that their education is not happening because they go to school in fear.

All the above are directly the responsibility of the Head. He should resign / be sacked. Could it also be that the Governors are too close to the Head, and therefore can't objectively challenge him.

And OFSTED need to explain how they judged that this school was safe, when clearly it isn't.

Sir_Henry and slingshotsally like this.
  8. TCSC47

TCSC47 Lead commenter

You are knowledgeable about this school to a considerable depth then Binaryhex? Yours are serious charges but easy to make anomalously.

9. George_Randle

George_Randle Occasional commenter

The name of the lawyer representing [This comment/section/image has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions] is Mohammed Tasnime Akunjee.

Googling that name throws up some very interesting links.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2018
  10. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

Do you have personal knowledge of this school? If not how do you know any of your assertions are true?

11. ScienceGuy

ScienceGuy Occasional commenter

I suspect that OfSTED may make a visit in the next couple of months - they tend to react to stories like this.

12. binaryhex

binaryhex Lead commenter

OFSTED do need to explain why they wrote in their report last year that pupils feel safe and cared for, when some pupils have said they don’t. Clearly, recent events support the pupils.

How is it that OFSTED were so easily fooled into making such a poorly judged assertion? Are they that incompetent at making valid judgements, or were they genuinely tricked by a clever Head?

Sir_Henry likes this.
  13. Hdin786

Hdin786 New commenter

We must not assume and certainly not make excuses for the culprit! Sadly, there is a rise in racially motivated fights/assaults/attacks!

14. Oscillatingass

Oscillatingass Star commenter

:rolleyes:

15. abacus1982

abacus1982 Occasional commenter

Could it be that when OFSTED came pupils did feel safe but it has now changed? When we had OFSTED in my first school I was really happy and felt incredibly well supported by the SLT. Within a year I was miserable and hated working there and was looking for a new job. Things change.

bessiesmith likes this.
  16. TES_Community

TES_Community Administrator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.