1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Police called to school and boy to be charged with assault.

Discussion in 'Education news' started by aypi, Nov 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aypi

aypi Established commenter

-Maximilian- likes this.
  2. BG54

BG54 New commenter

I'm not sure what your point is, the police were not called at the time. The incident was filmed and posted on social media from where it was referred to the police. I've seen the video and it was not a "fight", it was an unprovoked attack by one boy on another.

Hdin786 and Moony like this.
  3. binaryhex

binaryhex Lead commenter

I'd love to know the background of the parents. I'd put good money on them being thuggish chavs not unfamiliar with our legal system, with at least four kids and claiming benefits.

Sir_Henry likes this.
  4. yodaami2

yodaami2 Lead commenter

That was not a fight, that was assault. Last 2 violent unprovoked assaults; permanent exclusion. Don't know if the police were involved for these ones, but I do know of one in recent years where parents informed police after watching video footage, that was another permanent.

5. aypi

aypi Established commenter

Thanks yodaami2, you are quite correct. I used the wrong phrase.
    I would guess a high proportion of incidents in school are assaults, and not fights.
    My question should be:
    So if there is an assault at your school, are the police called?

-Maximilian- likes this.
  6. PeterQuint

PeterQuint Lead commenter

Assault? Isn’t warter-boarding considered torture?

Hdin786 likes this.
  7. binaryhex

binaryhex Lead commenter

[This comment/section/image has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]
    Some students just don't feel safe there, and that is a disgrace.
    [This comment/section/image has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]
    The children concerned need to be be gotten out of that horrible school as quickly as possible. Hopefully, a private school will step in and give them the opportunities they deserve, and they can leave the chavs behind once and for all.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/11/29/uk/syrian-teenager-attack-scli-intl/index.html

Sir_Henry likes this.
  8. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

Scintillant likes this.
  9. a1976

a1976 New commenter

https://www.almondburycs.org.uk/page/?pid=7

If you look at the Head's picture, you can get the feeling that he is one of those that are big on buzzwords and with very little substance. You can almost spot them.

Sir_Henry and Shedman like this.
  10. Oscillatingass

Oscillatingass Star commenter

OMG what if the boy who assaulted the Syrian was "vulnerable". He cant be excluded because he will immediately become involved in knife crime. The drug dealers will be waiting outside the school gates to recruit him. You lot are soooo lacking in empathy. ;)

Alice K, Shedman and nomad like this.
  11. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

Yes indeed, and his name is Trevor. How much more evidence do governors need to dismiss him on the spot?

TCSC47 and Sir_Henry like this.
  12. Sir_Henry

Sir_Henry Occasional commenter

Common in boarding schools in years past.

13. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Water Boarding schools?

TCSC47 and Sir_Henry like this.
  14. Oscillatingass

Oscillatingass Star commenter

Haven't you heard about this? It is a fine old Public school tradition dating back to the early 19th Century. A bit like fagging but with more potential for morbidity. I believe it was finally banned in the 70s with some establishments still continuing with it covertly even up to the present day. I believe that the majority of the present day cabinet would have been water boarded on a number of occasions while away at school. This applies to boys only, of course.

15. dunnocks

dunnocks Star commenter

They should be, they really should be, assault is assault, on school premises or not.

The number of times I have heard parents threaten to go to the police if the school doesn't deal with an incident to their satisfaction, I am always thinking in my head "please please do, I am not a law enforcement agent"

TCSC47 likes this.
  16. dunnocks

dunnocks Star commenter

The mother of a girl allegedly "beaten black and blue" by boys at the school - why didn't SHE call the police?

17. dunnocks

dunnocks Star commenter

The attack on this boys sister looked even worse, she was clearly very frightened.

18. s_teach

s_teach New commenter

How did the school let it get to this point. Absolutely horrible what has happened to the poor children.

sparkleghirl likes this.
  19. tenpast7

tenpast7 Occasional commenter

I still don't think you can blame a Headteacher for what one stupid kid does to an innocent pupil from another culture/ background.
    Agreed, there are many SLT with exactly the same bullying tendencies as this horrible kid, just ask anyone on Capability.
    This does NOT mean that the Head Teacher in this case, is guilty of this type of behaviour.

20. binaryhex

binaryhex Lead commenter

Hello Trevor.

The school is a disgrace.

According to you, and the the last OFSTED report, ‘pupils are well cared for and feel safe’.

According to many students, ‘pupils don’t feel safe’.

The Syrian children in your charge no longer want to be at the school you run, because they don’t feel safe.

Goodbye Trevor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.