1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by pepper5, Oct 4, 2015.

1. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

Hi
    Can someone fell me what points are? I have had a look on here but cannot work it out. Can I domanything with points?

Thanks in advance.

2. stmha

stmha Established commenter

Haven't got a clue, was hoping it was some sort of loyalty award, 10 points and you win a day off.

kibosh likes this.
  3. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

Ha ha...surely points means prizes? Please someone tell me what my points mean.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

@TES_Pippa ? Any information on:

• How one wins points?
    • What you do with them? I was hoping that they would add to Avios or at least to nectar.

anotherauntsally and pepper5 like this.
  5. JaquesJaquesLiverot

JaquesJaquesLiverot Established commenter

I seem to have a "like" that attracted two "points", but I'm not sure if other things can attract "points" too.

My guess would be that they will be used to rank contributors in order of "authority", but unless there's another way to accrue "points", they could just use "likes" instead.

6. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

I did get a message on my profile somewhere saying I was a valued contributor. What is that all about?

7. JaquesJaquesLiverot

Yes - I got one of those, too, but it came at the same time as the "like". Are they linked?

8. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

Hi

I don't know....it still is all a mystery. Does anyone know?

9. TES_Pippa

TES_Pippa Administrator Staff Member

@TheoGriff I'll ask Rosaline to clear up how points are allocated and how many you get.... for now I'm afraid you'll have to enjoy the mystery ;)

10. stmha

ok just reached a hundred posts and got awarded something called a trophy. I then had 10 points added, now whilst I dont claim to an expert in the detective game, I have a feeling it relates to the number of posts....you with me still

11. JaquesJaquesLiverot

On a related note, do you think that they'll update the number of posts? It looks a bit strange that my profile says that I've been a member since 2006 but I'm a "new contributor". There are links to a lot of the old posts, so it wouldn't be difficult to count them.

12. stmha

Yes i been on for ages as I was looking for resources, never knew about the forums, but still getting points is exciting.

13. yfel_endwerce

yfel_endwerce Established commenter

I have no idea what the points do (if anything) but the trophies etc are explained here
    There being little point in actively contributing at this time due to ongoing pre-moderation I have read most of the stuff I can find that explains how the site works

14. JaquesJaquesLiverot

Aha - I just managed to click on something to see a breakdown. I've now got 7 points - 2 for getting a "like" and 5 for reaching 30 posts.

15. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

Yes it is rather fun clicking on things and trying to work what everything means. I got a trophy for being an appreciated contributor. Thanks for my trophy tes.

16. digoryvenn

digoryvenn Lead commenter

I have just received a trophy too and I have 12 points but no prizes! I still don't have the signature link though. Do you have to earn it? :rolleyes:

17. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

What is the signature link?

18. digoryvenn

digoryvenn Lead commenter

If you click on your small avatar in the top right hand corner there is a drop down menu. On some people's there is a link called signature. You can put some text in it and it appears at the bottom of all of your posts. I think you might have to earn it as I don't have one. I can't be sure though!

19. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

Look at the bottom of my post...there's a bit of nonsense in orange

20. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

Which is there on every post I make