1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pointless and impossible policies?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Waterfin, Apr 12, 2011.

1. We have a handwriting policy and style in our school. We are supposed to model it on the board and in the children's books. I don't think anyone does. (Not that I have seen) In fact some of the teachers have pretty untidy writing.
    Our marking policy is over complicated and, again, I don't think that anyone follows it properly.
    When I think of the time wasted in meetings to agree on these policies, and the time that may/will be wasted again when it is raised that we aren't following them just boggles the mind.

2. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

I've noticed that at my new school (summer term) I'm expected to mark in green. Am disappointed! I like using whichever pen takes my fancy, in particular my rather nice fountain pen for which I have a very nearly full bottle of blue. Boo.

3. You should ask them why it has to be in green, that would be an interesting one! I know what you mean though, I had this in a school once. Really is pointless isn't it!

4. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

And dots intsead of crosses. Don't know how I'll stop myself! But I do know where they are coming from (although I doubt whether any of the children in primary schools nowadays would have any issues with a page covered in red pen...maybe)

5. We have to mark in green too, and annotate our plans in green. I've even had plans handed back to be because I've annotated them in the wrong colour, and been asked to do them again.

6. WolfPaul

WolfPaul New commenter

Link

7. I am supposed to mark in green too. It is apparently less-threatening than red. Of course in reality I mark in whatever colour pen comes to hand, red, yellow, green, black or blue. Nobody has died yet so I suppose it must be ok.

8. [​IMG]

9. I'm a lowly NQT with a rare permanent post in a very competitive jobs market... i bite my lip, I'm afraid. [​IMG]