1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Point of sale animation

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by impis, Oct 9, 2018.

1. impis

impis New commenter

Years ago, when I was head of IT in my school, I used to use a :swf file which demonstrated how a supermarket point of sale system worked. The students had to select items from a shelf, load them onto a till belt, scan them, and it showed how the numbers of items on the database went down, and how items were re-ordered once that number got to a pre determined value. I had saved the :swf file onto our computers so that the children could access it.

2 years after taking 'retirement', I am now teaching adults IT skills and would like to show some of my clients this animation. I no longer have access, obviously, to the school computers, and didn't save it [as far as I can tell] to my own pc.

Its a long shot - but I'm hoping someone will know where I can find it, or equivalent? I've searched and searched and google is definitely not my friend on this occasion. :-(

Thanks in advance.

2. elder_cat

elder_cat Lead commenter