1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Point of difference...

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by Jokiwi, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Just wondering...
    With piles of CVs rolling into the HR dept, how do you make yours stand out?
    I know its all about marketing yourself and keeping it real.
    How do you make that point of difference to ensure your application makes it into the right pile?

2. Just wondering...
    With piles of CVs rolling into the HR dept, how do you make yours stand out?
    I know its all about marketing yourself and keeping it real.
    How do you make that point of difference to ensure your application makes it into the right pile?

3. Karvol

Karvol Occasional commenter

I'd stop using phrases such as "keeping it real".
    I would also recommend going over to jobseekers and looking at the things TheoGriff has posted.

4. Luckily I manage to use more formal writing in those situations, so that is a plus for me already.
    Thanks for the advice.
    'Not keeping it real' in Dubai

5. happygreenfrog

happygreenfrog Occasional commenter

£20 and a naked picture of the wife. [​IMG]

6. Give me £20 quid and you can have the wife.
    Karvol, you are a git. Funny, but a git.
    Keep it real...

7. the hippo

the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

Theo Griff recently posted something about all of the grammatical mistakes being made by teachers applying for jobs. It reminded me of some of the illiterate drivel I had to correct when I was proof-reading the KS2 reports.

8. Arepa

Arepa New commenter

You might want to check out the thread "Disastrous Job Applications" by using the Search function.