1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Point Blank - brilliant!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Kinsa, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Have just seen this film this afternoon. It was brilliant. I'm not usually into thrillers, but this was excellent. It's French with subtitles and not on general release, I gather, but try to see it if you can. Nothing like American thrillers: lots of ugly faces and dirty clothes - even the hospital doctor's whites looked grubby! Couldn't possibly explain the plot, but basically it involves a lovely couple accidentally involved in a nightmare situation. Even better we saw it with Orange Friday and OAP concession so it cost us £5.50!

2. Never heard of it

Grosse Point Blank ... now there is a hat of a different colour ... fantastic film

3. It's recently been released. 'Au Bout Portant' is the French title. Check out the reviews and try to see it. (I'm not on commission, honest!)

4. Watch Point Blank, c 1967, a tough stylish thriller with the excellent Lee Marvin.

5. Will do. Some of the reviews I have read of Point Blank c 2011 feared that there would be an American remake with disastrous consequences. If you like thrillers, I am sure you would appreciate the pace of this film and the subtleties of the acting and the twists of the plot. You never knew who were the good guys or the bad guys or the really bad ones!
    Want to see it again as I missed some bits which took me totally by surprise. (Was taken under duress to see the film I knew I wouldn't enjoy!!)

6. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

bumping baubles bar again

7. anon8315

anon8315 Established commenter

I thought this was about the Alex Rider book. I've been teaching teenagers for too long x