1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Poetry success criteria

Discussion in 'Primary' started by helengregory, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Does anyone have any success criteria for poetry? In particular Year 2. I have found lots for fiction and non fiction writing but not poetry and this is the area I find hardest myself!! (Just planned unit for Patterns on the page.)

Any help much appreciated.
    Hxx

2. Does anyone have any success criteria for poetry? In particular Year 2. I have found lots for fiction and non fiction writing but not poetry and this is the area I find hardest myself!! (Just planned unit for Patterns on the page.)

Any help much appreciated.
    Hxx

3. Have you seen the progression document for poetry on the literacy website?

It will tell you what is expected for poetry in every year group. You can use these to make targets.

I can mail it if you can't find it.

rachelorr@talktalk.net

4. I think I have already sent this to you - PROGRESSION DOCUMENTS FOR TEXT GENRES'. I have sent again.

I haven't made these. I just downloaded them and saved them in one folder for ease.

5. would be great if you could mail them to me... or post a link?

My email is: helengregory1234@yahoo.co.uk

I really appreciate it. Thank you so much!

Hx

6. you have mail

7. Please could you post a link for these as I am unable to find them.
    Many thanks
    mynameismum

8. I haven't made them. I can e-mail them.
    I don't upload resources to the resource bank that I haven't made.I'll try to find link.

9. Many thanks.
    If you can not find the link easily I would appreciate you emailing them to me.

Thanks
    m.shoulder@sky.com

10. upsadaisy

upsadaisy New commenter

11. Thanks you're a star.

12. thanks for the link upsadaisy. Doesnt appear to have year 2 poetry but can use the year 1 and 3 to create some.

13. Okay, this is what I think I will include in my success criteria but obviously willput them in child speak:

1. Starting each line of the poem on a new line
    2. Starting each line with a capital letter
    3. Using adjectives
    4. Follow a pattern (depends on the pattern we're looking at)
    5. Words selected to create images?

Is that it?! Doesn't look like much and I keep thinking there must be more!