1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

POETRY PERFORMANCE BY THE CHILDREN OF YOUR SCHOOL

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by JosieWhitehead, Sep 9, 2015.

1. JosieWhitehead

JosieWhitehead Star commenter

I'm a retired teacher and also a very popular but prolific children's poet. Google JOSIE'S POEMS and you'll see 1,300 new poems for children. Written with rhyme and rhythm and with lots of imagery and stories, these poems are perfect for performance, and teachers worldwide are using them for exactly this in their schools. I'm often invited to Skype into schools worldwide to see the finalists of competitions, to answer the questions thrown at me by the children keen to meet me, and I also ask them some. As a retired teacher, I'm keen to work with teachers wherever I can, but being "well-retired" I don't do full day visits. Short 40 minute Skype visits are not expensive and I've met so many children worldwide. Your art teachers might also be interested in contacting me because children love to illustrate my poems, and it could be possible for them to make simple books with their illustrations, but I emphasise that you may not use my poems for any projects without first seeking my permission as I'm very much alive and hold the copyright on my work. However, this is never a problem for people and I love to be involved with teachers and their children, and to put one foot back in the classroom. My email is on my Welcome Page under my photo. I look forward to hearing from you.