1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

POD Project

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by Skelly63, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Hi, I am desperately trying to find out what materials the pods on the Helen Hudspith site are made of. Also does anyone know how the indentations are made and then how the inner material is shaped to fit it? Thanks

2. Hi, I am desperately trying to find out what materials the pods on the Helen Hudspith site are made of. Also does anyone know how the indentations are made and then how the inner material is shaped to fit it? Thanks

3. I dont know about the project on Helen Hudspith but its probably foamex and they use a form in a vacuum former. I might be wrong though!

4. Check out the TEP website.

The Pods are made by 'plug moulding', much simpler and more cost effective than using the vacuum former.

I haven't done the project, but I have bought various moulds just incase I need a quick project.

5. It sure is FOAMEX that they use. The outcomes are far better with Foamex than vacuum forming HIPS. Foamex can be finished much easier than HIPS, i.e. it doesnt rip easily. I make moulds out of MDF, which is done in no time. From Spetember, I am going to make the cases for our hand steady game in this way.

6. I've produced a Booklet for this project. Covers a lot. Let me know if you want a copy?

7. Johntudor7

Johntudor7 New commenter

8. Sent. Hope you find it useful

9. A copy for you as well!

10. Sent to you as well

11. Morning Rik,

Could I please have a copy too?

Thanks,
    Hayley

hgarland@conyers.org.uk

12. Hi Rik
    Would it be possible for you to send me a copy of your booklet? I have tried making the pods but the finishing was not great and I hope that you may be able to point me in the direction of a good finish.

Kind regards
    milibud@hotmail.com

13. Hi BigRik.

I have been asked to deliver the pod project in sept. Do you fancy sharing your booklet with me? If you do this will save me loads of time over the holidays and i will share with you my resources so far.

Thanks in hoping.
    andrea.medcalf@sky.com

Andrea