1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PMLD HELP

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by samigreen, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Hi I am new in a PMLD classroom working with 14-19 students. HELP PLEASE

RESOURCES

14-19 CURRICULUM

UNITS

CLASSROOM

ASSESSMENT

TIMETABLES

Any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

2. dzil

dzil Occasional commenter

Welcome to special ed. I'm sure you'll be fine in the classroom when you relax and stop panicking.

I think you need to be a lot more specific when you ask a question if you want a useful answer. We're all happy to help but time is limited and so is the length of a message. The advice you ask for could take several books to begin to answer. I know Jo could run an intensive, very valuable 10 week course on this and still not have touched the surface!

Why not search this forum for advice on these topics that has been given in the past, work out what you actually need support with then re-post with a more specific request? Then we can support you more appropriately.

3. Jo3Grace

Jo3Grace New commenter

Hello,

You're going to have a great time! Don't panic. Actually until you're in the deep end swimming you won't really know what it is you're asking for help with.

My suggestion would be to think of some simple getting to know you activities that you can do at the start of term, to help everyone get to know each other.

Don't spend your whole holiday worrying, there is no way you can prepare fully. Rest now will be very valuable in September.

I have some free to download resources on my site that might be helpful, and the Sensory Story 'Like' was written with this sort of situation in mind. It could be fun for you to create a sensory story to tell your class about you. You could then create sensory stories for each student.

I know a school where each student has their own story that gets told to them for a year. It's great, they love it and get so much out of it.

If you have more specific needs let us know, or feel free to drop me an email sensorystory@gmail.com we could have a coffee on Skype sometime and talk through your ideas.

Kind regards

Jo Grace

http://jo.element42.org

PS Dzil - A ten week course! Imagine having that much time. I'm currently getting ready for my weekend course - so excited - I've never had more than a day before.