1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PM cycle for those on maternity

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by dew_a_change, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Hi all,

I'm due to go on maternity in mid-may and was wondering whether my PM cycle ends in October 2011 or does it freeze and I continue it on my return, which would be the following year.

2. i'm not sure - i didn't start this year and only just went back, and i've been told that i'm not doing PM this year due to my maternity leave and missing 2 terms.

3. HI
    When I got in touch with county to ask they said to me that you just return on your new PM scale and pick it up from there. I am leaving in July and returning after Christmas so I have been told I will get my pay increase automatically from September (Which I was glad about as I only miss the end of the cycle by about a month)
    Hope they got it right as it doesnt seem fair to have it stopped for a whole year if you are going to be there for part of it.

4. It does not freeze - you are still classed as being employed on maternity and so you move up the pay spine as normal. My head didnt' do a PM cycle this year as I went on mat leave on 1st November and going back 1st July - he couldn't see the point for 2 1/2 months. -
    x

5. I will have done two terms so just need to know when to show my evidence for the academic year 2010-2011. Should i show it just before I leave so the school can judge whether I#'ve met my objectives which i know I will have by then.