1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Plz help - Primary-Task for Interview

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by imi786, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Hi Guys,Your presentation should last no longer than five minutes. (NB power point is not available to use)Please give your brief written plan to the interviewers at the end of the presentation.The interviewers will be assessing you on points 1 to 4 above.Nervous!!!!! :-S

2. Hi Guys,Your presentation should last no longer than five minutes. (NB power point is not available to use)Please give your brief written plan to the interviewers at the end of the presentation.The interviewers will be assessing you on points 1 to 4 above.Nervous!!!!! :-S

3. First of all you need to choose a topic/subject, and have a look at the NC guidelines to just get some ideas started.
    I had to actually do a 30 minute lesson with a group of Year 2's for my interview and it was to be "based on a story of my choice with activities to extend learning".
    I chose to do a science lesson, and I have put a pretty good description of how I did it on another thread ont his board I think its called "Interview.....done" or something like that!
    In response to the different points you have to cover here are my thoughts;
    1. Choose your topic and then we might be able to help more - make sure it is something you feel confident with (which is why I chose a science lesson)
    2. Make sure your introduction of the topic is different or interesting and fun, I didn't read the story at all, you need to capture their imagination and get them thinking right from the start
    3. Once you have your topic then this will be easy - once I had chosen what I wanted to do I was able to think of <u>hundreds</u> of different activities, and I actually struggled to decide which ones to do, but I did put in my lesson pack the extra things I had thought of, along with a topic grid of activities that I would do based around Jack and The Beanstalk across all curriculum subjects. Make sure you consider, lone/pair/group working, a good mix of activities, plenty of social aspects and ACTIVE learning.
    4. Again, make it interesting and fun, I did a "STOP" activity to check their understanding, I went over what they had covered in the lesson but made mistakes on purpose, the children had to shout "STOP" and put their hand up, I then asked them what I had said/done wrong and got them to correct me. They loved it and it's a great way of checking understanding.
    Best of luck!