1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PLTS/Learn 2

Discussion in 'Music' started by cate50, Nov 22, 2011.

1. cate50

cate50 New commenter

Hi there,
    I am working on a case study with a group of pupils all with IEP's for BESD. I am looking at the effect of embedding PTLS into my subject and classroom ( music) and how this will aid them within my subject and the wider curriculum in terms of attainment and behaviour. In odrer to support this practical research I am trying to find some Journals/Papers/Publications from the last 5 years that talk about the above initiatives and their effects so far. Can you help??????
    I have searched all the white papers and waded through "academy bla bla bla bla" every other sentence but cannot find mention of PTLS or any other acronyms associated with them.

I would really appreaciate some pointers as I need to get reading over Christmas!

Many thanks

Cate

2. jonowen

jonowen Occasional commenter

Cate, can you clarify this please? I suspect we don't all know what these acronyms are let alone suggest others! [​IMG]

3. cate50

cate50 New commenter

Thanks SilverFern I found these from my google search too but am really lookig for papers or research journals rather than resources as I am already implimenting the systems I just have to write a boring essay on other peoples opinions on it!!!

4. This sounds a bit like the MA dissertation I finished in May titled How can using the secondary benefits of Music education in learning objectives improve the engagement in year 7 lessons? This looked at the value of music education and how using transferable skills in learning objectives might help engage students who think there is no point in studying music.

I read Reasons to teach Music by Stephanie Pitts amongst other things. http://eprints.whiterose.ac.uk/1531/1/pitts.s1.pdf

If you give me your email I can send you my dissertation or jsut its bibliography.

5. jonowen

jonowen Occasional commenter

Thank you silverfern, it's so good to have younger teachers on board who can keep us older bods up to speed with edu. speak/jargon.

6. cate50

cate50 New commenter

That would be brilliant thank you!! Cate50@hotmail.com
    Bibliography would be great.
    Many thanks!

7. You have email :)