1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

PLI query for instrumental teaching

Discussion in 'Music' started by mrs_hind, Sep 13, 2019.

  1. mrs_hind

    mrs_hind New commenter

    Is anyone here an expert in Public Liability Insurance?

    I am employed part-time as a music teacher in one school. I also teach piano and woodwind privately in the school building. I’ve been paying for MU membership to get Public Liability Insurance and whilst I’m a big fan of the MU, it’s quite a lot of money to pay when’s PLI is the only thing I need it for.

    So, can anyone tell me:

    1. do I need it if I am employed by the school I’m teaching in and if so...

    2. who is a good place to get just PLI from

  2. frustum

    frustum Star commenter

    You probably need to check the first one with your school.

    I know that ATL used to have a deal with an insurance company which offered a reasonable rate policy to cover teachers doing private tuition. It might be worth checking with your teaching union, if you're in one.
  3. rooney1

    rooney1 Occasional commenter

    I have liability insurance through Alan Boswell . It was through ATL and I have carried it on. It's about £65 a year.
  4. Doitforfree

    Doitforfree Star commenter

    My dementia singing group pays £80 a year for £10 million of cover for 16 people, so you should be able to get it for less than that.

Share This Page