1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

please would you mind looking at my pitcogram success criteria?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by ceri2evans, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Hi
    this week im being observed and doing picograms. I'm having trouble writing the success crieria though! would anyone mind looking at it?

Draw and label the axis.
    Include a key for my pictogram
    Use a scale of one square = 4 buildings to work out how many squares are needed for each building type.
    show the number of different type buildings with he correct number of squares.
    Include a title for my pictogram.

then i want them to write statements about their pictogram so i will get them to write stuff like 'there are more coffee shops than clothes shops' etc

many thanks for looking at this

2. Hi
    this week im being observed and doing picograms. I'm having trouble writing the success crieria though! would anyone mind looking at it?

Draw and label the axis.
    Include a key for my pictogram
    Use a scale of one square = 4 buildings to work out how many squares are needed for each building type.
    show the number of different type buildings with he correct number of squares.
    Include a title for my pictogram.

then i want them to write statements about their pictogram so i will get them to write stuff like 'there are more coffee shops than clothes shops' etc

many thanks for looking at this

3. Year group?
    If they have been doing some work on pictograms already, then ask the children to suggest some success criteria themselves.

4. Providing pupils already competent with concept of pictograms, axis and scale- sc sounds fine to me. However I too would try to draw SC out of pupils - allowing 1 minute talk partners then whole class feedback to list steps.
    Good luck.