1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Please TES... sort out the previews!

Discussion in 'TES Authors' Group' started by corcuera, Oct 21, 2018.

1. corcuera

corcuera New commenter

This has been a recurring issue since I started using TES, but further from being sorted, it is getting worse.
    Yesterday I uploaded some resources that I have taken a lot of time and pride in producing. Today I checked them on my iPad...
    The previews of the word files are all over the place. Photographs are not where they should be, the format of the writing is not what it should be. They just look awful. Fortunately I uploaded PDF versions too... only those are not much better. For some reason the preview of one of them shows the same page twice. Another resource has the pages in the wrong order.
    But then, that’s the resources that actually show some preview. The best resource I uploaded, a booklet that is about 40 pages long shows... nothing. Nada de nada.
    This is very frustrating, particularly because it’s been going on for at least one year.

labellaroma and ajs12345 like this.
  2. labellaroma

labellaroma Occasional commenter

I know exactly how you feel. Frustrating is putting it mildly. Once upon a time in a galaxy far, far away our resource previews worked perfectly. Tes functioned perfectly. Everyone was happy. I have been uploading resources way before premium resources were introduced, then, somewhere along the line everything changed and now there are many issues that no longer work as they should. Some of these have been going on for over 18 months and they still haven't been fixed. You contact Tes and inform them, they tell you that they will investigate the matter in question, but sadly nothing gets fixed. My sales are down on last year figures and I am wondering if, due to all the endless problems here on Tes, that buyers are going elsewhere. It's such a tragedy that the management of the Tes platform is not the standard that it once was!! o_O:confused::(:eek:

3. MosaiK

MosaiK Occasional commenter

I don't know if it can help you resolve all of your issues, but I upload my resources in a zip file and recently I started to upload a few .jpg files with screen shots with exactly what I would like to show in the preview.
    That way I keep control over what page is shown and in what shape or size. There does not seem to be an issue with .jpg files.
    I do however have an issue with the way the covers of my featured resources are partly covered up by TES information on my store page.

What is the point of having featured resources if we cannot show them in their best light?
    I wrote to @tes about this but so far this has not been remedied.

iGCSE101 likes this.
  4. iGCSE101

iGCSE101 New commenter

I agree that a better system would be helpful. When I first started with TES it was easier as @labellaroma mentioned. NOw I spend time I really dont have on making resources look good on the shop- that is what I am online today actually - to sort out my shop. It would be better if I could spend this next hour working on my next resource instead......

labellaroma likes this.
  5. EC_Resources

EC_Resources Occasional commenter

Hey guys - take screenshots of your resources in powerpoint and upload them with your resource. You can put them in the order you want then too :)