1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Please support the On Line petition re Adult Bullying in Schools

Discussion in 'Heads of department' started by grrmummy, Jul 16, 2012.

1. grrmummy

grrmummy New commenter

[​IMG]
    Lives can be ruined by bullying. Even if you have not been directly affected, please support the petition to stop Adult Bullying in Schools;
    http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/34828
    This thread has already been posted on the TES Personal Dilemmas Forum and to date has attracted 151 signatures.
    But we need to gather 100,000 signatures to raise the profile of Adult Bullying in Schools to stand a chance of having this issue debated in the House in order for action to be taken by the government
    On the advice of another poster, I am therefore posting this petition on other TES Forums in the hope of attracting further support
    Please help by supporting this petition and passing its details to as many people as possible.
    Thanks – and a big Thank You to all of you who have supported this idea so far)
    [​IMG]

2. Lucy12

Lucy12 New commenter

I'm sorry grrmummy that you sound so angry about his but surely you don't need to post in on 15 forums? And to keep reposting it and reposting it - you first posted this here over a month ago. It doesn't sound healthy for you. Please try and calm down a bit. If you've really only had 150 signatures in the first month it is obvious you are never going to get the 100,000 signatures you want. Even if you continue to get signatures at the same rate it will be over 60 years before it gets debated by parliament. I don't doubt some people have suffered terribly but in the big picture of the problems facing the country today, and our children this is not the most important thing in the world. Sorry, I know it isn't what you want to hear but someone has to say it.

3. grrmummy

grrmummy New commenter

4. grrmummy

grrmummy New commenter

Thanks so much to all who have supported this petition since I posted in on (these additional) TES forums – we have over 200 signatures now. If we get 500 signatures the petition will be looked at and if we get 100,000 it stands a good chance of being debated in the House...
    Some people may feel that existing school complaint/grievance procedures are sufficient. Great if they are (this is how it should be)
    But for many of us the procedures in place are inadequate (hence the reason for this petition).
    We have still got almost eleven months for the petition to run. Please support it if you feel you can (but no problem if you can’t – it is entirely your decision)
    [​IMG]